By good4ufreshfruit.com on August 6, 2013 in Recipes with Kiwifruit
Grilled Good 4 U Kiwi and Prawn Skewers
Author: good 4 u fresh fruit
- 8 fresh prawns, size 21/28
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 2 kiwi
- splash Tabasco®
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Peel and clean prawns. Peel and slice kiwi into quarters, making thick, crosswise circles. In a bowl mix together the remaining ingredients for a marinade. Toss kiwi and prawns in marinade.
- Grill kiwi and prawns separately over medium heat. Grill until the prawns are just cooked through. Grill
- the kiwi lightly so it still holds its shape. Remove from grill and skewer one prawn with one kiwi slice on a 4 inch appetizer skewer. Serve warm.
- This is an appetizer you could serve with Good 4 U Fruit Salsa or with a creamy aioli over a bed of mixed greens for a main course salad.