By good4ufreshfruit.com on August 6, 2013 in Just for Kids
Apple Crunch Monster
Author: good 4 u fresh fruit
Recipe type: Stonefruit
- Red apple
- Granny Smith Apple
- Jack cheese
- Celery with leaves
- Black grapes (Or, for something really scary try red, green and black grapes)
- Sugar eyes
- Whipped cream cheese – used for glue
- Tooth picks
- Cutting board
- Cut apple crosswise just above half.
- Cut a thick slick of jack cheese. Place top half of apple on top then cut around.
- Cut a thin layer of skin from green apple. Use knife to cut hand shapes as shown.
- Peel Clementine then cut three small triangles from skin.
- Pull apart two segments from Clementine.
- Use tooth pick to add a small dab of cream cheese to back of hand at lower edge. Press onto edges on bottom half of apple where shown. Place cheese in place pressing to secure hands. Add upper apple section.
- “Glue” teeth in place.
- Use scissors to cut several tooth picks in half. Press three onto front for eyes where shown, using another toothpick to create hole first. Insert cut tooth pick then add black grapes. Glue eyes into place.
- Create holes for orange antenna first then insert cut toothpicks. Press on orange sections.
- Cut off pieces of celery leaves. Use toothpick to create a larger hole then insert celery using toothpick to help if needed.
- To create feet, cut three 3” sections of celery, trim ends at angles then place under apple.
CAUTION: Be sure to remove all tooth picks before eating your monster.